Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Merry Christmas from Guadalupe!!

Hey everyone Merry Christmas!!!! How is it there in Utah? Here it's just getting hotter and hotter. It stopped being nice weather about a week and a half ago and now its just too hot and humid. haha
 It's just a little bit different weather than I'm used to for Christmas.
 The mosquitos are starting to spawn now too so they are starting to bite....haha. My new companion is Elder Samayoa and he is awesome. He is very confident and has been zone leader for more than 9 months. He is from Guatemala though I must have mixed that up in the email.
What are you guys going to eat for Christmas dinner and for New Years? Everyone always asks me what we eat and I can't remember!! haha My mom said that the weather report says it's in the 70´s here but I don't know if that's right. There is a huge difference from Trujillo to Guadalupe. It's like going from central Utah to Saint George. So if you figure out what its like in Guadalupe let me know.
 I cant wait to call you guys!!! I haven't really thought of what to ask you yet but there isn't really much going on here that I can think of, so I hope you have questions to ask me. I know I haven't written you hardly any letters on my mission yet so I've made it my new goal to write you a letter every pday now no matter what. I enjoy getting letters from you and I know you would feel the same way.
 I bought a usb and saved all my pictures on it and plan on sending the memory card in the mail today if I can. There is about 350 or 400 pictures on it. When you get it don't plug it in our computer though because it might have a virus. My usb already has a virus and that might too. Everyone downloads things illegally here so they get viruses except its not illegal here I don't think. haha
 The program went great and Sister Turk was very coordinated and helpful. She did about all you can do to make 100 young men sound good and look like they know what they are doing. Elder Samayoa knew a lot of people that came so I got to meet a lot of people from Trujillo. I miss you guys a lot and wish I could be there for Christmas but I know I'm going to enjoy Christmas this year. Even though there is no snow here, and not many lights, and not many Christmas songs, and I'm not with my family, and I don't get to relax and have a vacation it is the best Christmas I've ever had. I have more love for my family and what they do for me than I've ever had. I'm grateful for every little thing that I have back home. Also I have more of the spirit of Christmas because I get to talk about the Savior all the time and give service to others. The other day when I got a letter from my dad I was happier than I've been in a long time. It made my Christmas! It said that his back is doing better than it has ever been since I left on my mission. It just made me know that my family is being blessed and that they are alright and that they are okay. If we have the Spirit of Christ in our lives we have the spirit of Christmas... always remeber in these days about the greatest gift we've ever received.
Our Savior Jesus Christ and his atonement. 

No comments:

Post a Comment