Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Hey gringos! cómo están? Que dice la vida? haha its easier to write in spanish. One of these weeks I'm going to write you in spanish and make you translate to make you know how a missionary feels. Anyways, it's kinda hard to write a spiritual letter right now because the guy that runs the internet cafe is blasting techno music and rap. haha 
We saw a lot of miracles last week in the Noria and José and Karin were finally married and baptized. It was one of the coolest baptisms ever because we didn't know if it was going to happen or not. They are really converted to the gospel and have received a lot of blessings in their lives from the gospel and will definitely become an eternal family. The father already is trying to coordinate when I can come back and wants to buy a ticket for me to come back and visit after 1 year. I'm really hoping that the 2 families we baptized progress at the same rate so I can come back and see them both. Maybe it will motivate me to get married, but for now I'm going to have to pass on that for a little while haha. 
Well the good news is that I'll be spending Christmas here in my beloved Noria with all of the members that love me and also love to make me fat. I'll definitely be gaining some more weight, but for now I'm at 72 kilos, up from 70 kilos where I was at last change. Rice has become a gross cardboard-like substance to my tastebuds now that never seems to get down my throat and there is always a large supply. It's also always accompanied by a wonderfully disgusting fruit called papaya that tastes better than it smells but that's not saying much. haha If you can't tell from this I like American food better.
 The good news is I spent the day with President Turk today in the mission home listening to some missionaries prepare for the Christmas pageant. It should be on the 20th and the 22nd of December. Today we had pizza and cinnamon rolls with President and it was delicious. For Christmas here they also have a bunch of fruit cake called Panetón and it's delicious.
 Anyways, I want all of you to know that someone that you know is not a member or not an active member because they don't understand the importance of Christ and his atonement in their lives and they may have never heard the truth in their lives before. Explain it to them and invite them to learn about it and be more happy. It's the only way to have true happiness.
 I'm still with Elder Cook and he's great. He's progressing a lot.
 Anyways until next week Elder Wilkinson!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment