Monday, November 21, 2011

Hi everyone how's life? We`re just here in the Noria working our work and preaching the gospel. We found a few new investigators this week and I know that they should progress in the next few weeks. Nothing really changed this week except for the fact that my companion is learning a lot more spanish now and can help me a ton in the lessons. He knows more than I did when I started I think he should be pretty fluent after the mission. haha the only thing is we don't speak much spanish to each other because it's easier and more fun to talk in english. 
 To answer your questions yes we changed pensionistas now and we are eating with the bishop´s wife. She is a really nice lady and lives closer to our room. The only bad thing is that she is also peruvian and likes eating beans and rice and rolls and chicken,EVERY DAY!!!!!! haha oh well I know one day I can choose my own diet again. Well I also wanted to tell you that every package that is sent here needs to be less than 100 dollars or it won't get through customs. So I hope what you already sent me gets through. This week we´re going to have interviews with President Turk on Tuesday and we will go to the office and hopefully eat something really good for lunch. Oh how I hate you Americans this week with all your turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, pie, steamed vegetables, ice cream and ice cubes!!!!! I hate you!!!!! haha That's all I think about every meal starting now until after New Years. Whatever you do don't send me pictures of the food okay! ha 
Well right now we´re expecting to have 5 or 6 people baptized before the end of the year. There are a lot of really great people that are all part of half member families. If you could pray for them that would be great. There names are Katty, Joana, Juanita, Elías, and Abraham. They are all very young, less than 20 years old. Please pray that they can all receive permission from their parents to be baptized and that they can have the faith to come to church. 
Anyways, right now in the mission I feel very happy with my decision to serve a mission. I know the things I´ve done so far have blessed the lives of many people but I've learned a lot of things that I needed in my own life as well. I know the Savior lives because I've seen his work and I've seen his blessings and his miracles hundreds of times. I know I need him to be a good person and to overcome trials and to achieve every important goal that I have in my life. 
Anyways, I hope you are all pleasantly plump and full of carbs and sugar this week and remember all the blessings you have in your life, from God and from the beautiful country we live in. I hope you don't forget God, don't forget me, and don't forget to take care of my family. If you can you should write me about how to learn patience this week because I still quite haven´t learned that on the mission and I want to so that would be nice if you could. 
Anyways, thanks everyone. 
Until next week, 
Elder Wilkinson.

No comments:

Post a Comment