Monday, September 27, 2010

Guadalupe Peru!

Hi mom! I have been called to serve in Guadalupe Peru. It is north of Trujillo and really dry and dusty haha but the people here are really nice. We are the only missionaries in the entire town and my new companion's name is Elder Perry. He is from Provo Utah, so I'm actually able to talk to him. He is a really good missionary. The language has been really hard but Elder Perry has helped me through it this week. The mission rule is no emails to anyone but family so would you email my friends and tell them to write me letters because I can't respond anymore. My pensionista is great, Hermana Kelly, and the ward is really nice but small. There are a lot of inactives here and that is one of the challenges of our mission, the inactives. We have a lot of people that want to be baptized but there are just some things holding them back. Most of the time it's because the couple isn't married yet, they just live together. We have already come across some pretty crazy things so far, just about the things that happen in the lives of these people. Guadalupe is really small and tranquilo or calm. All of our inestigators are nice and everyone knows everyone else in the town. I haven't felt threatened once because everyone knows the missionaries here and that they're good people, they just don't want to make appointments with us. I got your package and it was great, thank you. I had a bit of a sweet tooth though and it's almost gone. I got the package from grandma as well and that was great too. haha That's cool you got to talk in church ha I hope you like it more than I do. I'm starting to get a lot more comfortable here. Being in the field is a lot different than I thought, but I like it. I wrote in my journal everyday before the field, but I haven't been able to once yet. Also weve been so busy, I haven't had a language study yet. My desire for the investigators to get baptized is strong. Almost all of them know it's true. It's just hard for them to change their lives because of money problems. The men have to work all day long and when they get time off they just want to sleep. haha Anyways I'll try to explain more next week, but don't worry about me. I like my area and district. Once the spanish comes all will be good. I'll pray for Sadie and all of you guys too and I'll talk to you next week. So all I can email now is you and grandmas.
Chow, Ty

Tyler's trainer Elder Tanner Perry from Provo...

No comments:

Post a Comment