Monday, October 4, 2010

First Baptism!!

Hey hows it going? Ya all day yesterday I read in my apartment in spanish for about 8 hours, haha but no I didn't get rest we are never allowed to sleep. I need it though. Guadalupe is a little town where everyone knows everyone. It looks different than I was expecting. It is already getting kinda hot and we are only in spring right now. It's supposed to be really hot in my area in the summer and once summer hits they start to grow rice and then the mosquitos hatch. My area is the worst for mosquitos in all of the mission so I hear. I might get transfered but you never know. I like Guadalupe though. It is about a 1.5 to 2 hour bus ride north of Trujillo and it is just a few miles off of the coast. Our apartment is on the 3rd floor in the Pasuela, this little laza right off of the town center. It is small but we have the whole 3rd floor to ourselves. It is 200 soles a month which most people can't afford. My pensionista is Hermana Kelly and she is really, really nice. She takes care of us and is about 4 minutes from our apartment we go to her house to eat. She has one little 2 year old boy named Nil and a little 7 year old girl named Gemma or Hemma in english. Another person does our laundry. We drop it off on Monday and get it Thursday. I hope Grandma and Grandpa are still doing good and you guys too. I have had a lot happen this week. I got sick on Saturday and threw up in the morning. Our appointments fell through so I was able to sleep for a couple hours and now I'm doing better. I think it was a sandwich someone fed us that had mayonaise on it that was bad. Because of elections there is a law that no one can have meetings of any kind. That includes church and General Conference. We can't watch it until next week. I think it's like the only place in the world. So next week is conference for us. It's hard for missionaries though because we can't get progressive investigators if their not going to church and we don't have it for two weeks. We are teaching lots of people. Most of them are inactives because the ward is struggling a little here so we try to reactivate a lot. Others are just a few families we are really trying to work on. We had a baptism on Friday!!!!!!!!!! her name is Ana Maria. She is 20 and Elder Perry had been teaching her for a few months. All I did was bear my testimony to her like 2 or 3 times so I didn't have much to do with it, but I guess you could count it. haha I try to take pics but I only can on p days and there is nothing to take pictures of. What I will probably eventually want is cds. I have a cd player but no music. I would like Mormon Tabernacle choir, normal and Christmas and also on p days we can listen to Disney soundtracks, also classical music like Beethoven and stuff too. ha I guess I'll write more next week just ask questions if you have any and don't worry about me.
 tty later, TY

No comments:

Post a Comment