Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween!

Hi guys. I don't know yet if I'm getting transfered because they haven't called yet. I should know by the end of today. We don't do a whole bunch on pday though. We usually go to one of the towns in our district and either watch a Disney movie, or play soccer, or go to a cool historic site, or lake, or mountain or something but we don't have any of those in our district really. We went to the beach a couple times but now that it's summer were not allowed to. Halloween was pretty much the same as every other day here because today is their Dia del Muertos or The Day of the Dead. It's a holiday and all they do is go visit their dead ancestors and some pray to them. Last night though some of the kids dressed up in masks all over Guadalupe and they go to all the stores and try to ask for candy. They usually don't get any though. We took some of our candy though and when they passed by our building we would say quiere dulces? Want some candy and then they
would all shout Halloween Halloween! Because they don't know trick or treat so we would throw them down candy from the third story. Also for pdays we all have to gather together to do internet and we have to be in church clothes. Yes we eat all our meals at the pensionista's house and it is usually at 7:30, 1:00 and 6:00 that we eat but we just come whenever we can. All we really eat is soup, rice, chicken and bread with
different flavors and variations and I don't really know the names of them yet but they are all good. I like ceviche de pota but were not allowed to eat ceviche de pescado because it is raw fish but pota is cooked . It's some sort of fish with onions and lime juice and some other things in it. I got your package with Starburst and Skittles and pictures of you in an airballoon if that's the one that you are talking about. That looked like it was fun. All the natives kept asking me for the picture of Sadie. They think that it's funny to ask about your
sister and for pictures of them. It only rains here like 5 times a year so I'd rather be in your situation. ha I'll let you know about the change and when I get my Christmas present haha. I can't believe that everyone is getting married now. It's going to be so weird when I get back. This week Elder Perry went to a training in Trujillo and I went to Pacasmayo from Monday until Wednesday night. I was with Elder Rojas and Elder Herrera they are both from Lima. The language is still really hard for me and I've been trying really hard not to be frustrated this week. It's been really hard for me too this week with teaching. They know so little about almost everything that it's hard to know what to say. Anyways stay safe and happy and I'll tty later TY

No comments:

Post a Comment