Monday, April 11, 2011

Hey family!!!
This week was........well a bit rough. ha Everything seemed to fall through this week and we weren't able to have very many lessons. Our investigator is waiting for his father to come from Cajamarca so he can be at his baptism but he always works and he isn't a member so he isn't very motivated to come anyways.
That's awesome that Elder Perry was able to visit you guys this week. haha He was a really good companion and told me he would visit you guys. If you see him again tell him that he has to write me a recuerdo, that's the book of letters and memories that he has. I had a book of recuerdos but I gave it to one member in Guadalupe and he lost all of them so I'm kinda bummed and don't know if I want to start one again.
 I'm about to pass the 1000 picture mark on the camera for the mission so I hope I'm taking enough pictures but this zone is really really boring on p days. haha
 We had a cleaning day as a zone this week like grandma heard from Sister Turk, but the room of Elder Del Aguila and I was already completely clean, but we weren't allowed to leave the room so we've spent the last 30 hours in our little room, ugh.....
 I finished the History of Joseph Smith though like president asked us to do and it was really great. The sincerity of his prayer and his actions before the first vision were a great example of how we should pray to our Father In Heaven and how we should have the same desires to pray in our lives. Also his example of testifying and never giving up or denying what he saw is a great example for missionaries. I know a lot better now that Joseph Smith saw God and Jesus and that this church has been restored to exactly the way it was when Christ formed this church. 
I haven't gotten the Easter package yet or the March dinner package from Grandma and Papa but I'm sure they will come. I don't know if I've told you yet but the Virgin Mary stickers don't really work. Most the people are either not catholic or they're catholic just for tradition and they don't really go to the church.
 I hope it warms up for you guys and that there aren't too many problems with flooding.It has cooled down quite a bit here and we don't really sweat that much now from the heat just on our backs because of our backpacks.
 Tell dad muchas gracias for putting me in for all of the bonus points for hunting and tell him that I had a nightmare the other day that I came back from my mission and I realized that I didn't clean my guns before I left and they werte all rusted and broken. So if he could make sure to check all of my guns and clean them that would be really nice. haha
This week everyone was talking about the elections for president in Peru. It's kinda scary right now though because when we heard the results they are going to have to revote. The bad news is that one of the 3 people that are neck and neck, I think he's named Oyantes, is very discriminate and will export all of the North Americans from Peru if he wins so I'm hoping that the revote turns out well and that I can finish my mission in Peru. If not, I want to go to Ecuador, Guatemala, or the Dominican Republic haha because thats where all of my mission friends are from. 
We've eaten at Papa Johns once this change and it was really delicious. The only thing is that my companion is a bit of a moocher at times so I don't really like to use my personal money a lot. My goal really is to not use any money from home because I don't need it and I want to learn how to manage my money.
 Thanks mom and grandma for the card games Skip bo, Uno and Ratuki. they are all very fun and my companions always want to play card games. 
Well I hope all goes well with you guys this week and something really awesome and exciting will happen for you guys. We will have changes the 19th of April but I don't know what will happen since we are both new in this area.
 Anyways cuidense y que les vayan bien,
 Elder Wilkinson.
Elder Del Aguila                Elder Wilkinson

No comments:

Post a Comment