Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Hey family it was also very fun for me this week to talk to you. Everyone looked really happy, really healthy and everyone seems exactly the same, except for Justin. haha He can probably beat me up now. 
Well the changes came and they are very very different. The news is that I’m going to spend another change in The Noria, which will give me a total of 9 months in The Noria after this change. The other part of the change though is that President Turk gave me a phone call in the night and talked to me for a while and extended a new responsibility of zone leader. They have decided to start a new zone in this stake and the zone leaders will be here in The Noria so he wanted me to stay and help the new zone get set up here. I’m very, very nervous about this and I hope that I can be able to build up this new zone and make it strong. It will be pretty small, only a total of 12 missionaries so it shouldn´t be too much of a hassle and also my new companion is going to train me on how to be a zone leader.  haha If someone would have told me a year and a half ago that I would be zone leader I would have laughed but here I am. Have I mentioned yet that I’m nervous???? Well my new companion is Elder Arena ( Elder Sand in English). He is from Chile and has a little more time in the mission than I do. He was in one of my first zones in the mission so I kind of know him but not a ton. It will be fun working with someone again that has my level of experience or more!!! Just so you weren´t wondering about it I thought I´d remind you that I’m a little nervous to be zone leader...........haha.
 Elder Cook is going close by to the other zone that is being divided from ours to an area called Alto Moche. He will be there with a missionary from Guatemala. He´ll be able to talk a lot more in spanish now and I will too. 
Well this week I’ve been trying to learn more about the New Testament. I´ve been reading in Acts and I’ve learned a lot about priesthood authority. The correct way to perform ordinances, how to follow the spirit, how the church is organized and the importance of apostles and missionaries. This book talks a lot about a missionary named Paul and how he was not in favor of the church at first but had a change of heart and became a very powerful tool in the hands of the Lord. It reminded me a lot of my grandpa because his name is Paul and he changed a lot before going on the mission too, and had a lot of success after. I’m still looking for an example of someone named Larry in the New Testament for my other grandpa but that’s going to take some more studying because I haven´t found one yet. haha 
Well I hope all is well and you guys have a Happy New Year. I´ll let you know how all these new responsibilities and changes turn out.
Sincerely,
Elder Wilkinson.
Elder Arena ... Tyler's new companion!

No comments:

Post a Comment