Monday, February 6, 2012

Hey everyone not much to say this week sorry but everything is going pretty good. HA HA HA I knew the Giants would win. Hombres de poca fe!!!!!!! Tienen que confiar en los misioneros!!!!!!
Well this week was a little slow for us we had a lot to do. Monday was P Day, Tuesday was our district meeting, Wednesday was our zone leader counsel, Thursday we moved, Friday we had a work visit with other missionaries, Saturday we had weekly planning, and Sunday we attended the leadership meetings of the sister missionaries to help them out. It was a lot of work and with only a little time.
We didn't have a baptism but there are 3 people that will be baptized in the next three weeks or so. I don't think I'll be here though but were not sure. We'll know the changes tonight at 9:30. Their names are Gian Pol, Vanesa and Candy. Yes, Candy is her name haha. Gian Pol isthe grandson of a member in our ward. His parents aren't members and weren't too into him getting baptized but have now changed their minds and let him get baptized. His grandma is really active and is going to support him a lot. Also, Vanesa is an 18 year old girl that we have been teaching. She is going to be married next week to her boyfriend who is a less active member. They have 1 little daughter named Nicole. Candy is a 22 year old girl that is really catholic but has attended church now like 3 times and has started to change a lot. She is really cool and has a ton of questions always.
Well I read a scripture yesterday that I really liked. I think it's in 2 Nephi 2:34 it says that we should trust in the Lord and not in the strength of our own arms. That applies to everyone I feel. We as missionaries can't depend on our own abilities but just do what the Lord commands us and what the Holy Ghost tells us. Also, as members and people we have to do things like pay tithing or attend church instead of working which also requires this trust. When we sacrifice money or worldly things for the Lord we put our trust in Him and He always blesses us.
I love you all. You always inspire me and motivate me. Thanks for always trusting in me and having faith that I can do this work. I hope this week is great for everyone and that everyone can achieve what they need to and that they can trust in the Lord.
Sincerely,
Elder Wilkinson.

No comments:

Post a Comment