Monday, February 13, 2012

Hey everyone. Yes, sadly I have left The Noria and everyone that I met there. It was really hard to leave and I had to say goodbye to a lot of people, but I'm glad that I have the chance to write them through internet the rest of my life. Well I'm now here in Viru.This area is really hot and dusty, similar to my first area Guadalupe. The people here are really nice and I'm sure that I will enjoy my time here. It's nothing like The Noria and the food is definitely not the same, but there are lots of great members. This area is actually a branch, not a ward so it is very little. There are 4 missionaries in the same branch so we are working really hard to make this a stake. 
Anyways, my companion is Elder Uribe. He is from Santiago Chile. He has the same time as me so we will be finishing our missions at the same time, same as Elder Arena my last companion. Elder Uribe speaks english and is 27 years old. He is a computer programmer and software engineer so he is really good with computers.
 The  area right now is a little slow. We have a lot of work to do to make it like The Noria but it's very possible. We have one baptism date for this Saturday. Her name is Shantal and she is 9 years old. She is the last member of her direct family to be baptized so we will be completing the family and preparing them to go to the temple in a year from now. 
Well Valentine's Day is probably the worst holiday for a missionary and the most annoying and distracting as wel,l so I hope you all have a good Valentine's Day but, I hope I don't haha They don't celebrate it a ton like we do in our country but what they do is bad for missionaries. Everyone here hugs their friends and family and neighbors on "Dia de Amistad" so we have to tell a lot of people and investigators that they can't hug us.
 Well I'm still a zone leader and it's going really well. Last week was a pretty rough week for the mission so its our responsibility as zone leaders to motivate the missionaries and help them improve, doing practices and being an example and setting goals with them. Well I sure hope that everyone is doing good and that everything is going well.
 I don't have much to say this week but I do know that the mission has changed my life and helped me learn the purpose of my life as well and be motivated to accomplish lots of things in my life that I want. I know that Christ lives and that He is our Savior and that as long as we have faith to follow Him and trust in Him we can do miracles and accomplish anything and receive His mercy and grace. I know that He has a plan for us and everything that happens in our lives happens because it's the will of our Heavenly Father.
Until next week, Elder Wilkinson.
By the way my son Elder Bulmini, the missionary I trained, is in my zone and I'm now his zone leader and he is training. It's really cool!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment