Monday, March 12, 2012

Well everything is good, all is well, nothing to report, see you next week..................................................................................haha just kidding, but I'm glad to hear everyone is doing good and that it's warming up there in Utah. It's still really hot here in Viru. I couldn't sleep very well last night because I was sweating and felt like I couldn't breath from the heat. It doesn't help either that everyone here believes that cold drinks are harmful for your body and make you sick, MOST RIDICULOUS BELIEF EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! haha I always have to buy cold drinks in stores.
But I have news that will shock anyone that really knows who I am....during these last 3 weeks I have quit drinking pop!!!!! ha I haven't had any pop for a long time and it was really hard to stop. I did it because there is an invitation in chapter 10 of Preach My Gospel that says we as missionaries should learn how to overcome addictions and get rid of bad habits to learn how hard it is for an investigator to get rid of theirs. If it was hard for me to stop drinking pop I don't know how much harder it would be to stop drinking alcohol or smoking. It really helped me learn how to control my own actions and learn how to help people have faith and endure in hard times.
 This week was really awesome because Reyner se Bautizó, was baptized. He is 26 and awesome!! He is already in the middle of Mosiah in the Book of Mormon and we met him like 2 and a half weeks ago. Well we had some cool meetings this week and we took some funny pictures. This Friday we have interviews with Pres. Turk and we're hoping to help a couple get married this week so they can be baptized in these next weeks to come.
I love you all, I pray for you, and I always remember you.
Stay happy and safe this week.
Elder Wilkinson

No comments:

Post a Comment