Monday, January 24, 2011

Buenas Tardes! ha the changes came and Elder Samayoa is going back to his home, but I don't know who my new companion is yet. I do know though that I'm staying in Guadalupe for another change! I'm glad because we found two really good families and the one family has agreed to be baptized on the 5th of February. Also I get to see the baptism of the daughter of our pensionista. The only bad thing is that February is the worst month for mosquitos in this area so it only gets hotter and more bugs this next month, yay!!!!
I did an inventory on my candy and I have 25 packs of Skittles, 25 packs of Starbursts, 12 packs of Reeses, 12 packs of Hersheys Kisses, 5 packs of Life Savers, candy canes, caramels and some other candy too. I know that everyone wants to help me and I'm ETERNALLY grateful for the american candy but I don't have room for more and I don't want to be diabetic and have dentures by the end of my mission. I share the candy with the other elders but the input is greater than the output.
 I got the package from Nick and Jordynne so tell them thanks for me. Also IF YOU SEND CDS THROUGH PACKAGES I WILL HAVE TO PAY TAXES FOR EACH ONE!!!! The taxes are 10 dollars for each cd. I know everyone wants to help me and send stuff especially my parents, but I don't need anything more than letters and pictures. If you want to help please help my parents with the funds for the mission or wait until I come home! haha
 That's cool that the Packers are going to the Superbowl this year I hope that they win because I don't like the Steelers and I hate the Patriots even more. Plus if they win, Dallas will tape it and I can watch it when I get back. Tell Grandma Tuttle that I hope she feels better and that she shouldn't be doing crazy stunts in the kitchen.
 This week was really fun and all the members were able to say goodbye to Elder Samayoa. We had a cool experience this week too. Elder Samayoa had a dream, or impression or something that our new investigator had a problem. When we went to pick them up for church her kids came to church, but the mom said she couldn't come. We came back later in the evening and we were teaching her and we asked her what was wrong and she told us that she had a problem with the Word of Wisdom the day before.  In the morning, we taught her and her kids and when we prayed, we had her 11 year old son pray and when she heard him pray outloud for the first time she cried. She wants to change and be baptized and she and her family have agreed to be baptized the 5th of February. I know that the Lord works through the words of the missionaries and that we are able to promise blessings from the Lord because we are his representatives.
 I know that the church is true and can help people change their lives.
Until next week,
 Elder Wilkinson

No comments:

Post a Comment