Monday, May 9, 2011

Hey everyone how's it going? 
I hope you had a great Mother's Day and everything went well. It was really nice to talk to my mom and the rest of my family yesterday, and it was a lot better this time when we used Skype. The only thing... the family that let me use their computer was screaming and yelling in the background the whole time. haha Next time it will be even better.
 The week before Mother's Day we visited a lot of people that were not very grateful for their mothers and didn't treat them very well. We were pretty mad when they did that because we couldn't be with our moms. In one family, we got after one kid and we taught him that he needs to respect his mom, so we hope that he changes. More than anything this week, my companion and I learned how much our mothers and families mean to us because we weren't at home with them.
 Well pretty much nothing really crazy happened this week. One really awesome thing that did happened this week was... we had Papa Johns Pizza on Tuesday and it was delicious!!!! Also our pensionista made us tacos on Sunday because my companion loves them. She told us that she's going to make us tacos every Sunday, and she is going to buy some macaroni and cheese this week or next. We pretty much have the best pensionista and are in the best place to find american and mexican food in the city.
 Well I don't know if my mom said anything to you guys but the counselors of the bishop yesterday announced in sacrament meeting that we had to give talks. We didn't even have 1 minute to prepare and we were sitting on the back row and had to walk all the way up to the pulpit with everyone staring at us. But, the talks went alright so we won't have to talk for about another month in sacrament meeting. There are about 130 to 200 members in church every week in my ward so it is pretty large. They're thinking about dividing it but they're not quite ready I think.
 The only other thing that happened this week is that we found a crazy inactive member that wanted to argue with me. He told me that he had a stronger testimony than me and that there was nothing we could do to help him improve or strengthen his because he had faith and his priesthood. haha He then told me he had a stronger testimony because somebody shot him 3 times and nobody has ever shot me. haha We think that one of the bullets must of been in his head because something was wrong with him. 
Well I hope all is well with you. I know without any doubt this church is true and that when we lose ourselves in the service of God and others is when we are happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment