Monday, August 1, 2011

Hey everyone!!!! 
Well all is well in La Noria and we are having a lot of success. I don't have much time to write, but this week we have seen a lot of miracles. The other week we found an investigator named Santos. She was walking down the street with her four children and she looked pretty stressed out, but we decided to talk to her. haha She didn't realize we were trying to talk to her until we were all right in the middle of the street that we were crossing. We started to contact her and she was very nice but all the cars started to honk at us and we had to move off of the road to finish contacting her. Anyways, turns out that she is a single mother of 6 children. She has a baby that is 1 year old, and the other almost 2, and one that is 3 years old as well. Talk about headaches. Well when she listened to us she went to church last week and this week she showed up early all by herself. We started teaching her the lessons and she started to cry and told us that she was glad to finally find the true church so she has plans to be baptized the 13th of August. We just need to double check and make sure that she won't move back in with her ex husband/boyfriend. Anyways, with this  lady we can really see how many things some people need in the world, physically, spiritually and emotionally. This sister needs all of it. but she is always very patient and a very good example.
It made me think of a scripture in Mosiah 18:8-10 in this scripture it says that when we are baptized we should be willing to mourn with those that mourn. It also says that we should carry the burdens of others. Not many members know or remember that we make a promise to God when we are baptized to lift the burdens of other people and help them in their lives. I was able to talk once about that in sacrament meeting and I felt it was very important that we should always remember that we have promised to do that and that if we're not helping we're not fulfilling our baptismal covenant. 
Anyway, everything else went really well this week. There were 8 people that came to church and we have  2 really awesome families that want to get married, which includes the family Asto. So please pray for Santos, and the family Asto, and the family Vega this week so they can receive as many blessings and help as possible. 
I sent a letter last week so I hope you get it. Also, I want to ask two important questions. Mom what is the scripture I put on my mission plaque, and also I want to know if you have saved the pictures I sent you somewhere, so I can delete them because my usb is full and I don't have room to save them to send you the camera chips? 
Please send recipes and if you would like and some sunflower seeds and Hot Tamales.
I love you all a ton and hope all is well... and that the new dog is behaving haha 
Until next week,
 Elder Wilkinson. 

No comments:

Post a Comment