Monday, August 22, 2011

Well I'm convinced this week that my mission president has gone crazy. haha I just found out last night that I'm going to be the new district leader in La Noria.!!!! There will be 6 missionaries in my district because they are changing the boundaries of all the missionaries and all the districts. Anyways there are 4 elders and 2 sisters in my district and one of the sisters is brand new to the mission. haha Please pray for a miracle so that I can be at least a little good at my responsibility. I don't know if you know mom, but I'm sure you will ask this so I'll just tell you now. The district leader has to teach all of the district meetings every Tuesday to his district for an hour and a half about the things that go on in the mission and about Preach My Gospel.  They also are in charge of the health of the missionaries and making sure they get the help they need.  They also resolve problems that happen in their areas and have to approve the rooms that the missionaries live in. Also they do work visits with the other missionaries to help them in their areas. They do all the baptismal interviews for their district and they are in charge of the activities that the district does as well as turning in all the numbers for the week into the zone leaders. haha Pretty much they are in charge of 
HAVING STRESS!!!!!!!! haha  
Something really great that happened this week was that Hermana Santos was baptized on Saturday and confirmed on Sunday!!!! She is so happy and I know that she will be a great member here. We have a lot of people that are close to baptism and I know that we are going to have a lot of success here this next change.
Anyways, I wanted to share a scripture with you today in Romans chapter 8:24-28. It talks a lot about hope.  A lot of times in the mission we lose our hope. We don't think the people will progress or that they will do something or that we won't be able to explain something, but here it says that hope is something that we don't see but we wait with patience for it.  Really I know that hope is important because we can know that the Savior will always help us and everything that happens is for our good.
Until next week,
E. Wilkinson

2 comments:

  1. My son is also in Trujillo. I sure love reading Elder Wilkinson's blog. He is a wonderful missionary!! Melanie Glasgow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melanie....I hope your son's head is healing!! I think it's great that we can keep track of all the things that happen down there. Trujillo is such a wonderful place! When does your son come home? Tina

    ReplyDelete