Monday, October 3, 2011

Hey everyone!!! Good news and bad news in The Noria. The bad news is that my good friend and companion Elder Bulmini is leaving to go to a small pueblo called Chao. It is where my MTC companion Elder Hannemann started. I know he will be good there and continue to learn a lot and have success.  I have learned more from him then probably all of my other companions. The changes will be tomorrow.
The good news is a lot of things. First, is that we had our baptism. Hermana Madeley was baptized on Thursday and was really, really happy and excited for the opportunity to become a new member. I've never had an investigator have such a desire so fast to be baptized. She really is a person with a strong testimony and was waiting for the gospel to be put into her life.  We also have a baptism date for this next Saturday. Her name is Vanesa and she is the daughter of our convert Santos.  She is 19 years old and is really, really shy, but she wants to follow the example of her mom and be baptized.
 Other good news is that I will be staying in The Noria next change and I will be training yet another missionary!!!!! haha but this time will be different because he is a gringo. haha I don't know who it is or where he is from I just know that he is american and that I have more time in The Noria.
General Conference was amazing this week and I learned a lot of cool stuff. One of the speakers Elder Wadell is now my new area president and is coming to talk to us on the 11th of October.  
Anyways, I don't have much time, but I'm glad the funerals went well and that we have living prophets to guide us in these days. They really are inspired to speak because their talks are for missionaries, members, recent converts and investigators. Probably because we are all children of God and that we all struggle with  very similar things in life, but some things are a little different.  
To answer Sadie's question...yes I use my suit a lot. Every Sunday I wear it and also when we have baptisms or meetings with President Turk. It is a little ruined because it is really wrinkled, but don't worry because suits are super, super cheap here.
I love you guys and hope you are happy, safe and obedient to God.
Elder Wilkinson

No comments:

Post a Comment