Monday, April 9, 2012

Hey everyone!!! Sounds like all is well. I hope you had a Happy Easter. Easter was alright here. This week was the famous Semana Santa, or in other words the Semana Borracha!!(the Drunk Week) Everyone here this week doesn't work from Thursday to Sunday and they all drink in the night, sleep in, and watch movies about Jesus during the day. They also go to the beach and get drunk there too. It's not a week that's very santa, holy, but that's what they call it. 
Well nothing pleases me more than to know that all went well with the sealing of Nick and Jordynne. That's great that they did that. Anyways it's weird knowing that this is the last change of Chase and that he'll be home really soon.
 Things are going really good here in Viru. I went on a work visit this week with Elder Fackrell. He is a new missionary from Bountiful, Utah. He is a really cool kid and we worked in his area thats called El Niño. His area is a lot cooler than mine. It's a little village about an hour away from Viru. It's just straight up fields of corn and other fruits and vegetables. It's beautiful. We worked there all day Friday. 
This week I also had the zone leader activity. We played soccer and frisbee dodgeball. It was awesome. Another cool experience I had this week was that we didn't have any baptism clothing so I had to go to Trujillo to pick it up. I went to The Noria!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was great I got to see the pensionista Hermana Miriam and the family Asto. They are all doing really great. I didn't have a lot of time to visit but it was really great to see my old area. It was a strange experience finding out who of my converts were still going to church and the others that weren't. It was exciting knowing that some are progressing and becoming strong members and really sad that others are having lots of troubles.
 I'm glad to know that all my family members are active in this church and that they strive to live the commandments and have an eternal family. I don't have to worry about things like that. Though other people do have to.
 But please everyone pray for my family and their health. It would mean a lot to me. I sure do pray for you guys... a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Well today we're in Trujillo and we're going to the mall which obviously means I'll be getting fatter and happier all at the same time while I eat my delicious Big Mac with fries and an Inca Cola. I love you all, I love Big Macs and Inca Cola, I love the mission, and I love my Savior and my Heavenly Father, just not in that order. hahaha
Until next week,
Elder Wilkinson. 

No comments:

Post a Comment